Here are 11 common side-effects that children may experience as a result of current treatment protocols:
- Cognitive issues including delayed speech, problems with reading, writing and memory retention.
- Fertility issues.
- Secondary cancers later in life.
- Loss of limbs, or shortened limbs whose growth was stunted.
- Cataracts, poor vision, damage to the optic nerve or other effects to the eye.
- Hearing loss.
- Cardiac problems including an abnormal heartbeat, congestive heart failure and increased risk of a stroke or blood clots.
- Kidney failure.
- Weak or thin bones that can break easily.
- Anxiety and depression.
- Teeth and jaw problems including missing teeth, smaller teeth, tooth decay and gum disease.
>> Learn more about Kim Hill in this article at the Los Angeles Times